With a strong sense of excitement and pride, I am pleased to welcome you to the Financial Planning Association of Massachusetts’ website. We are blessed to be part of one of the most energetic, vital and productive chapters of Financial Planning Association in the country. I wanted to share with you some of the highlights that our chapter brings to you, your practice and to the community that we all live in. As an association, we are the mechanism for financial planners in Massachusetts to Educate, Advocate and Participate.
- Dana Farber Cancer Institute – Pro Bono Financial Planning for patients and their families
- Massachusetts National Guard – Education and personal financial planning and tax preparation assistance for all Guardsmen.
- MA Executive Office of Elder Affairs – Developing programs to educate members and planners to effectively support and protect elder clients.
- Lawrence Community Works – Assisting exiting programs with financial education for volunteers
- A formal Public Relations program to promote public awareness of the FPA of MA, financial planners and the CFP® mark.
- Video production, blogs, participation in various media outlets promoting the profession
- Establishing lines of communication to the MA State House
- Testifying on bills that impact financial planning in MA
- Providing the annual FPA Scholarship Award at our Annual Meeting
- Recognition of the annual FPA Financial Planner of the Year Award
- Quarterly Meetings and Webinars –
- Providing dynamic and informative speakers from around the country
- Breakout Sessions to learn and share idea and best practices
- CE Credit and Networking Opportunities
- Evening Meetings to accommodate schedules
- Hosting Career Night events for those considering a career in financial planning
- Membership in organizations such as the Massachusetts Financial Education Collaborative (to promote financial education in MA)
All of this is made possible through the efforts of you, our members. Our volunteers are second to none. Members step up and volunteer for a committee, bringing their ideas and vitality to the process. Each committee, made up of these extraordinary members is managed by a Director who connects that committee to our Board of Directors. The Board provides the support for the committees and makes crucial decisions regarding direction and financing.
The short summary here is that you, our members, are the force that makes things happen. Your involvement on a committee can create a huge impact. If you are on a committee, we can’t thank you enough. If you aren’t on a committee, we would love to have you join. Come help us make a difference.
My goal as President this year is to solidify this effective system that we have developed. Additionally, I want the general public to become familiar with what a financial planner is, the value of the CFP® mark and to know the Financial Planning Association of MA stands proud to represent the profession. To all of you, who through your actions and words, help to promote these concepts every day, I sincerely applaud your efforts and look forward to an exciting and rewarding year. Come help up lead the way.
Dan Galli, CFP® , Clu, ChFC
President FPA MA