Who is the Financial Planning Association?
FPA national headquarters is located in Denver, Colorado, and has 95 chapters throughout the country representing tens of thousands of members involved in all facets of providing financial planning services.
- FPA® National – more than 24,000 members; 95 chapters; serving over 2.75 million clients and $1.5 trillion assets under management.
For more information about FPA national, visit www.FPAnet.org or call 800.322.4237.
About the Financial Planning Association of Massachusetts
The Financial Planning Association® of Massachusetts helps people improve their lives by emphasizing the benefits of financial planning. Their vision is furthered through a professional code of ethics, continuing professional education and philanthropic community involvement.
- The FPA® MA has almost 1000 members throughout Massachusetts, serving a cumulative client base of over 125,000 households and collectively managing over $65 Billion in assets.
FPA® MA honors itself and inspires others by recommending legislation, elevating public awareness, promoting financial literacy and advocating for sound economic and tax policies. The primary aim of the FPA® MA is to be the community that fosters the value of financial planning and advances the financial planning profession. The FPA MA strategy to accomplish its objectives involves welcoming all those who advance the financial planning process and promoting the CFP® mark as the cornerstone of the financial planning profession.
For more information please call 781-899-3530 or visit www.fpama.org.
For close to 5 years, FPA MA has committed to supporting our military families – especially those who have family members deployed as part of a reserve or National Guard Unit.
FPA MA has supported our soldiers through their deployment cycle from Pre-Mobilization to Post Deployment by participating in educational seminars and one-on-one counseling.
- Worked directly on financial plans for 88 families.
- Counseled 88 service members and families who had financial questions, needs and concerns.
- Participated in 37 Yellow Ribbon Events, Family Readiness Checks and Unite Battle Assemblies.
- Completed 1,054 Federal and State Tax Returns.
- Saved service members and their families $177,000 in tax preparation fees.
- Generated over $1.5 million in Federal and State Refunds.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Initiative
Over 100 FPA™ MA Financial Coaches have been trained to assist cancer patients and their families. Two hundred fifty families affected by cancer have been helped to date.
What does FPAMA do for Members and Consumers?
Active Pro-Bono initiatives and Educational Seminars for:
- Massachusetts National Guard
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Junior Achievement
- United Way
- Social Security Administration
- US Department of Labor
- Massachusetts State Treasurer’s Office
- Massachusetts Financial Education Collaborative
- Massachusetts town libraries
- Massachusetts Money Management
What does FPAMA Government Relations do for Members?
Work with FPA national to promote a Fiduciary Standard, monitor and educate member on updated and pending regulations.
Update for State regulation for members with less than $100 million in assets and the June 2012 deadline for State Registration.