The Financial Planning Association™ of Massachusetts, a chapter of the Financial Planning Association™ , is a professional organization focused on professional development and education of financial planning professionals.
What we have to offer….
- National level annual conference
- Access to a 23,000 member brain trust through FPA Connect
- Quarterly half day meetings
- Free monthly webinars
- Free CE Partner Events
- Free Media Training- Belong to the FPA MA Media Response Team
- Nationally recognized pro bono opportunities
- (Dana Farber Cancer Institute/Mass National Guard/Lawrence Community Works/State
- Treasurer’s Money Conferences)
- Free meetings for students
- Student scholarships
- Free guest to a half day meeting
- Geographic practice groups with your peers
- Annual Career Fair
- Listing on Planner Search (listing on FPA website)
- Access to the Journal of Financial Planning
- Shape legislation through government relations
- Countless member discounts on Staples, WSJ & Barrons Subscriptions, Insurance, and more!
Why aren’t you a member yet? Go online and join today!
Choose Your Member Type
CFP® Professional | $499 annually
A CFP® professional who actively practices or supports financial planning and has been a FPA member for 3 or more years.
Allied Professional | $398 annually
The Allied Professional Membership is for those who deliver personal financial services to the public or support financial planners in their practice.
CFP® Candidate | $199 annually
A candidate for CFP® certification who has passed the CFP® Board Certification Exam and is working on the experience requirement. Available until CFP® certification is attained (maximum 3 yrs.)
CFP® Certificant | $119 annually
For students who are enrolled in a CFP Board certificate program with the ultimate interest of pursuing a career as a CFP® Professional. Members may only hold this membership type for a maximum of 2 years.
Faculty | $149 annually
An individual who teaches full-time in a CFP® Board-registered degree program, certificate program or a related finance/business high school or degree program with the ultimate interest of supporting students who wish to pursue financial planning as a career.
Full-time Student | $39 annually
An individual enrolled in a full time graduate or undergraduate finance or business program or related degree with a plan of pursing a financial planning career.
Member Emeritus| $99 annually | By phone: 800.322.4237; option 2
Available for active FPA members who have reached full retirement age (as defined by SSA) and, if employed as a business professional, work less than an average of 20 hours per week calculated on an annual basis.
This membership type is available by phone only. Please call member services at 800.322.4237; option 2.