Join us for Wicked Cool Virtual Talks (3 Day Event)
Day 1: 9/29
9:00 – 9:15 Welcome Andy Cipro Programing Director
9:15 – 10:30 Jeff Levine, CPA/PFS, CFP®, AIF, CWS®, MSA, Lead Financial Planning Nerd for Kitces.com, and is also the President of Fully Vested Advice, Inc.,
- The Biden Tax Plan: Proposed Changes and Planning Opportunities: 2020 has been an unusual year, to say the least. And as if normal year-end planning, combined with the complexities brought about by a pandemic weren’t enough to deal with on their own, 2020 offered an additional complication a Presidential election! President Joe Biden has detailed a few substantial changes to the tax code, the focus primarily on individual income tax and investment tax. In this session, attendees will learn about each of the major changes proposed by President Biden, exploring both the new challenges, and planning opportunities, it creates.
10:30 – 10:45 Karen Van Voorhis Membership Director
- Member benefits update
Day 2: 9/30
9:00 -9:15 Welcome
9:15 – 10:15 Dr. David Kelly: Chief Global Strategist and Head of the Global Market Insights Strategy Team for J.P. Morgan Asset Management. With over 20 years of experience, David provides valuable insight and perspective on the economy and markets to the institutional investor and financial advisor global communities.
- Global Strategy/Economics
10:15 – 10:30 Break
10:30 – 12 noon Cat Goughnour, MSc Director, Racial Wealth Equity Strategy Racial Wealth Divide Initiative. Prosperity Now
- Racial Wealth Equity Strategy: Cat leads racial economic and wealth equity strategy, which builds organizational capacity to design, develop, operationalize, and evaluate human-centered equity projects. Her portfolio includes multi-stakeholder community economic development and system change technical assistance programs designed to strengthen grassroots organizations’ innovative economic mobility pilot projects for low- and moderate-income, low-wealth clients. Through the Asset Based Organizational Development (ABOD) program, the Racial Wealth Equity Strategy team gathers insights and lessons learned to identify emergent promising practices to apply to program design and present in workshops to illustrate how communities of color can leverage strategic partnerships with multi-sector actors for local economic impact.
Day 3: 10/1
9:00 – 9:15 Welcome Day 3
9:15 – 10:15 Stuart Ritter, CFP
Stuart L. Ritter is the retirement insights leader for T. Rowe Price U.S. Intermediaries. He has served in a variety of roles related to retirement thought leadership and product development – currently helping develop the firm’s expertise on major topics that impact the retirement industry.
- From Vision to Reality, Visualize Retirement: Explore a new way to help clients visualize and prepare for the nonfinancial aspects of retirement. Visualize Retirement helps pre retirees prepare for the nonfinancial aspects of retirement, focusing on the key drivers of retirement happiness and success—lifestyle, health care, and meaning. It starts with helping them explore and define their retirement vision through the five “W’s.”
10:15 – 10:30 break
10:30 – 11:30 Cyber Security Panel
- What is Cyber?
- What are the Consequences?
- What are the Ramifications?
- What to do to Protect Your Firm