Small, dynamic firm looking for an enthusiastic Financial Planner!
Balanced Rock Investment Advisors is a community-focused fee-only wealth management and financial planning firm with a focus on values-driven investing and planning. We are looking for a Financial Planner to help clients across a wide range of asset and income levels create financial plans and manage their portfolios. In this role, you will work as part of a team to deliver comprehensive service to clients in areas including investments/allocation, philanthropic giving, insurance, cash flow, savings and debt management. You will help clients incorporate their social and environmental values into their investment decisions, utilizing both traditional and ESG public investments and private market impact investments in line with our model and client goals. You will also coordinate with other professionals on behalf of clients, including attorneys, insurance providers, and accountants.
Our Financial Planner should be an effective communicator with experience in financial planning and at the very least, a strong interest in social movements, solidarity economy, and socially responsible investing. If you’re analytical, meticulous, values motivated, customer-oriented, and comfortable in a small-office environment we’d like to meet you. Your goal will be to ensure clients make wise decisions to meet their financial goals in alignment with their personal values.
If you’re looking for a salary with benefits, want to grow your investment and financial planning knowledge and experience, and would like to never worry about finding new clients or selling investment products, this is the job for you!
We are pleased to serve a diverse clientele, so you must enjoy working with people from all walks of life and treat everyone kindly.
- Analyze clients’ financial statuses (e.g. income, expenses and liabilities)
- Examine client information and make recommendations (e.g. insurance plans, investments)
- Develop sound financial plans, both short and long term, for clients
- Customize financial plans over time according to clients’ changing needs
- Help clients implement their plans and carry out transactions
- Meet with prospective clients that reach out to the firm for free introductory meetings
- Work as a team to support the needs of all clients at the firm
- Maintain updated knowledge of regulations, practices and financial products
- Proven experience as a financial planner or similar role; experience with client or customer service
- Valid professional license (e.g. Series 65 OR Series 7 & 66)
- Ability to analyze financial information and comply with regulations
- Attention to detail and strong math skills
- Strong ethics, with a client-oriented attitude
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to foster long-term relationships
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM systems
- BS/BA in accounting, finance, business administration OR relevant field with relevant experience; professional certification (e.g. CFP) is a plus
Pay and Benefits
$55,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
Benefits: Workplace Retirement Plan with Company Match, Flexible schedule, Paid time off, Parental leave, Professional development assistance
This is a full-time position requiring some weekend and evening hours for events and client meetings.
Balanced Rock is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, family or parental status, or any other non-merit factor. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
We have been operating entirely remotely since 3/2020. We will resume in-person business at some point once Covid-19 vaccinations are widely available.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.