The Massachusetts chapter of the FPA is pleased to offer 10 fully-paid scholarships to this year’s Externship program.
Additionally, each scholarship will come with a one-year membership to the FPA. Apply for a scholarship spot by May 26th.
Externship runs from June 7th through July 30th!
BUILD YOUR CONFIDENCE & YOUR SKILLS FOR YOUR FUTURE AS A CFP® PROFESSIONAL
This unique experience will help you build your skillset as a CERTIFIED FINANICAL PLANNER™ professional, find your path in the profession, and complete 180 CFP Board Standard Pathway experience hours — and all from the comfort of your own home!
WHAT THE EXTERNSHIP IS:
An 8-week, intensive program designed for new financial planners and current CFP® students who want to see financial planning in action — and feel confident that they can serve their clients well!
Our 100% online program takes the best parts of an internship, like learning from experts and “getting your hands dirty,” and multiplies the effect.
- Peek behind the curtain and see over 25 firms and experts at work
- Do the work yourself, with over 20 deliverables and processes from experts
- Sit in on financial planning meetings, with a real planner and real clients. Best of all, you’ll gain 180 CFP Board Standard Pathway experience hours — fulfilling most college and university program requirements for internships.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN DURING THE EXTERNSHIP:
- Real World Applications for Planning Software
- Student Loan Planning and College Planning
- Insurance and Risk Management Planning
- Navigating your Career
- Retirement Planning
- Investment Planning
- Cash Flow Planning
- Estate Planning
- Tax Planning
You can also get eMoney-certified and unlock access to Morningstar Advisor Workstation, so you can work like a CFP® professional! Apply to get your scholarship by May 26th!