Position Title: Financial Planner
Department: Business Analysis
Division: Wealth Services
Reports To: Director of Business Analysis
Basic Purpose: The Financial Planner is responsible for providing detailed accurate financial plans for relationship managers and their clients. Planning services would include plan creation, plan presentation, plan updates and coordinating client planning sessions with relationship managers.
- The Financial Planner would be a floating specialist, offering services, such as plan creation, plan presentation, plan updates, and meeting coordination, to Adviser Investments relationship
- Deliver regular reports on agreed‐upon KPIs and provide weekly status updates and work‐ flow briefs on planning tasks, assignments, and
- The Financial Planner would join the existing Adviser Investments Financial Planning: Best‐ Practices Group and partner with likeminded planners to standardize approaches, share best‐practices, and coordinate planning efforts. They would also partner with a variety of internal stakeholders to jointly tackle product management and expansion of eMoney.
- The Financial Planner would be charged with organizing and executing continuing education to the firm’s employees. They would help organize regular presentations on financial planning topics and share best practices in sales meetings, in staff meetings and, eventually, in client webinars. These presentations could showcase external experts who are, or who become, preferred providers of tax, insurance, estate, and philanthropy advice for our core clients. They would also contribute to planning white papers and assist in the creation of other marketing materials that showcase planning
- The Financial Planner would seek structured mentorship opportunities from the firm’s senior planning‐focused relationship managers and work to incorporate their knowledge and experience into planning
- Intellectual Curiosity – This individual is expected to become “the CFP’s CFP.” They need to develop into the planning expert to which other planning experts defer. Ongoing education and training on complex planning topics will also be necessary to succeed in this
- Software Proficiency – This individual must be proficient in Salesforce data and processes and be willing to work with other internal department heads on building work‐flow. They must also strive to become an expert and champion of eMoney.
- Communication Skills – Technical competence, alone, will not be adequate for this role. The Financial Planner will be interacting with internal management, as well as some of the firm’s most‐valued clients. They need to be able to distill complex information into digestible insights for relationship managers and for the end client. They also need to bring the utmost professionalism and polish to client interactions to assure take‐up of the planning
- Intrinsic Motivation and Multi‐Tasking – The Financial Planner must be an “intrapreneur” and be able to tactfully balance multiple projects at once. They must be able to source and develop internal planning opportunities from Relationship Executives. The firm needs someone who will be proactive about finding ways to add‐value, not waiting around for assignments.
- Position: Plans created/updated; assets discovered; upsells won; clients won
o The figures will be tracked and analyzed using eMoney/MoneyGuidePro/Salesforce
- Business: Firm retention rate; “planning‐focused RM” retention rate; client satisfaction
- CFP designation, Series 65 or 66 licenses,
- Bachelor’s degree and or equivalent work experience working with RIA’s (2‐3 years preferred)
- Excellent customer service, communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Comfort delivering presentations to internal stakeholders and clients
- Strong computer skills specifically in MS Excel, Access, Word
- CRM and portfolio accounting database experience a plus
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Financial Planning software experience
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask with minimal operational errors
Contact: Alec Rosen: (617) 559-3424: firstname.lastname@example.org