Public Speaking Workshop
The Career Development Committee for the FPA of Massachusetts would like to offer the opportunity to members to join a six month workshop to sharpen your public speaking skills. The small group forum will allow for an intimate space to practice and present an industry specific topic that you could then replicate at your workplace, professional conference or as a marketing tool to attract new clients.
Below is a loose outline for the logistics of this new initiative:
- Total group size will be no larger than 20 participants
- Meet 1x/month at an agreed upon location that is convenient for all; likely utilizing office space of participants on a rotating basis
- Meetings will last approximately two hours in length and will be held during after-work hours
- Three participants will prepare and present a 15 minute presentation at each monthly meeting on an industry specific topic
- Providing a handout or visual presentation is optional, though preferred
- After each individual presentation, each person in the larger group will share critical feedback on presentations skills and content
- Light snacks and beverages will be provided We hope to get the workshop off the ground and running no later than April 1st, 2017.
Given the limit on allowable participants, please sign-up at your earliest convenience.
For sign-up and/or questions, please contact Lindsay Singer at Lwsinger87@gmail.com.